Roger A. Alvarez, DO, MPH
Call or request an appointment online
- Fax: 305-243-6372
- Internal Medicine
- Pulmonary Disease - Internal Medicine
English, Spanish, French
- American Board of Internal Med-Critical Care Medicine
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Board of Internal Med-Pulmonary Disease
- Assistant Professor of Medicine
- Pulmonary Vascular Disease Clinic
- Alvarez RA, Miller MP, Hahn SA, Galley JC, Bauer E, Bachman T, Hu J, Sembrat J, Goncharov D, Mora AL, Rojas M, Goncharova E, Straub AC. (2017). Targeting Pulmonary Endothelial Hemoglobin a Improves Nitric Oxide Signaling and Reverses Pulmonary Artery Endothelial Dysfunction. American Journal of Respiratory Cellular & Molecular Biology. Published Online: August 11, 2017. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 28800253.
- Askari K, Sneij W, Krick S, Alvarez RA. (2017). Going with the Flow: Saddle Pulmonary Embolism Complicated by Severe Hypoxemia without Shock. Annals of the American Thoracic Society, 14(9), 1479–1484.
- Alvarez, R. A., Miller, M. P., Hahn, S., Goncharov, D., Goncharova, E., A., Gladwin, M. T., Straub, A. C. Alpha globin expressed by pulmonary artery endothelial cells inhibits NO/sGC/cGMP signaling in response to hypoxia. American Thoracic Society, San Francisco, CA. May 15, 2016.
- Alvarez, R. A., Nguyen, A. T., Goncharov, D, Isenberg, J. S., Goncharova, E. A., Straub, A. C. Pulmonary artery endothelial cells upregulate alpha globin in pulmonary arterial hypertension. American Thoracic Society, Denver, CO. May 19, 2015.
- Alvarez RA, Barbash IJ, Rose JJ. (2014). Bosentan for Sarcoidosis-associated Pulmonary Hypertension, Age-adjusted D-Dimer Levels in Pulmonary Embolism, and Mean Arterial Blood Pressure Targets in Septic Shock. American Journal of Respiratory and Critical Care Medicine, 190(8), 948-949. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 25317464.
- Bhadriraju, S., Alvarez, R. A., Metastatic Pulmonary Calcifications in A Bilateral Lung Transplant Recipient. American Thoracic Society, San Diego, CA. May 8, 2014
- Alvarez, R. A., Venado, Aida. Miliary Tuberculosis Presenting With GI Bleed From Hepatic Artery Pseudoaneurysm Rupture in an HIV Infected Patient. Chest. Atlanta, GA. October 21, 2012. doi: 10.1378/chest.1390551. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 23699869.
- Alvarez, R. A., Alvarez, M. S., Markle, S., Aguiluz, C., Lalani, E, Suciu, G. Ethnic Differences in the Treatment Outcome of Lung Cancer in Florida by Histology and Stage. American Public Health Association Meeting & Exposition. Washington, DC. November 5, 2007.
- Alvarez RA, Vasquez E, Mayorga CC, Feaster DJ, Mitrani VB. (2006). Increasing Minority Research Participation through Community Organization Outreach. Western Journal of Nursing Research, 28(5), 541-560. Cited in PubMed; PMID: 16829637. doi: 10.1177/0193945906287215