David S. Kushner, M.D.
- Fax: 305-243-4650
- Neurology (Psychiatry & Neurology)
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation
Decompressive Craniectomy, Concussion, Dysphagia, Geriatrics, Healthcare Process Assessment, Patient Care Quality & Safety Issues, Interdisciplinary team Conference Improvement, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury and Geriatrics.
- Neurology (American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology)
- American Society of Neurorehabilitation
- Assistant Professor of Clinical Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation
- Clinical Professor, Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation with secondary appointment at the University of Miami School of Nursing and Health Studies
- Director, University of Miami Rehabilitation Program at HealthSouth Miami
Decompressive Craniectomy, Concussion, Dysphagia, Geriatrics, Healthcare Process Assessment, Patient Care Quality & Safety Issues, Interdisciplinary team Conference Improvement, Stroke, Traumatic Brain Injury, Geriatrics.
- “Multiple trauma and burns.” In: Cardenas DD and Hooton TM, eds. Medical complications in physical medicine and rehabilitation. New York: Demos Medical Publishing 2015; 59-86. ISBN#9781936287413.
- “Stroke.” In: Cardenas DD and Hooton TM , eds. Medical complications in physical medicine and rehabilitation. New York: Demos Medical Publishing 2015; 87-112. ISBN#9781936287413.
- “Principles of Neurorehabilitation.” Weiner WJ, Goerz CG, eds. Neurology for the Non-Neurologist. 6th ed. Philadelphia, PA: Walters Kluwer/Lippincott Williams and Wilkins; 2010: 551-571.
- Other Publications >>
- Public Service >>
1994 Fellowship, Neurorehabilitation
University of Miami School of Medicine
1993 Residency, Neurology
University of Miami School of Medicine
1990 Internship, Internal Medicine
Mount Sinai Medical Center
1989 Bachelor of Science
Tulane University School of Medicine
1988 Neurology Externship
Institute of Neurology, London, England
Dr. David S. Kushner M.D. is board certified in Neurology by the American Board of Psychiatry and Neurology, Fellow of the American Academy of Neurology (FAAN), and serves as a Clinical Professor in the Department of Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation at the University of Miami Miller School of Medicine. He also has a secondary appointment as a Professor at the UM School of Nursing & Health Studies where he teaches and serves on the curriculum committee. He has served on the faculty at the University of Miami since 1994. His academic career includes patient care, teaching, writing and research.
Dr Kushner is the Medical Director of the University of Miami Inpatient Rehabilitation Program at HealthSouth, Miami. He is the Director for the Joint Commission certified Stroke Program for HealthSouth, Miami. His clinical areas of interest include patients having traumatic brain injury, stroke, spinal cord injury, multiple trauma, as well as other neurological disorders and conditions; and he also treats patients needing rehabilitation for geriatric, orthopedic, post-surgical, and general medical conditions and burns. Dr Kushner’s teaching experience includes work with medical students, medical residents in neurology and rehabilitation, Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) and Doctor of Nursing Practice (DNP) nursing students, and multidisciplinary professionals.
Dr Kushner’s clinical research interests include topics involving patient outcomes, traumatic brain injury, stroke, population health and quality improvement issues in rehabilitation. He is a Collaborating faculty/Co-investigator on the Department of PM&R TBI Model Systems grant from the National Institute on Disability and Rehabilitation Research (NIDRR). Dr Kushner is also involved as a Principal Investigator in quality assurance/quality improvement research at HealthSouth, University of Miami and Jackson Memorial Hospital. He is the author of peer reviewed articles, booklets and chapters on topics that include traumatic brain injury, stroke, trauma, burns and neurologic rehabilitation.